Sunday, September 4, 2016

Do Small Things with Great Love

small things sweater oldest and youngest cuties small things sweater with wooly moss roots buttons small things sweater cute baby faces small things sweater (knit with yarn handdyed by K and I) small things sweater (dyed with black beans and marigold/calendula)
Some days are full of simple but immense joy. Days that remind me to shine my light and I feel like nothing could bring me down. Yet by the evening time I have forgotten all of the beauty of the day due to one thing or another. Usually something related to the weight of feeling like I am parenting alone and my words are not being heard. I end up in a pit of despair, unable to pull myself out. Trying to post about what I was feeling earlier in the day almost feels like a lie. Although sometimes that act of posting about those happier moments of the day helps me to reflect on it all and brings the joy and hope back into my heart. Soup for the soul, so to speak.

I am not going to hide it - It can be so very hard when you have full faith in the Lord and your spouse has none at all. I am trying to remind myself, on this very special day of Mother Teresa's canonization, of this saying she had on her wall in her home for children in Calcutta:

"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway. 
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway. 
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.  
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway. 
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."

- Saint Teresa of Calcutta

p.s. - A little of what I was originally intending to write:
I finished up Baby F's Small Things sweater just in time for the chilly weather that suddenly appeared *happy dance*. The yarn was dyed by my kiddos and I, made from calendula/marigold and black beans. The yarn used to sew on the sweet Wooly Moss Roots buttons was some yarn we dyed just using black beans. His adorable hat is an aviatrix and was knit by my wonderful friend Natalie.

Here is what he thought of Mama taking these photos:
what he thinks of all these photographs

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...