Thursday, December 31, 2015

We're having a...

campside cardi
campside cardi
campside cardi
stop making me laugh!!
Feb Lady Sweater
Feb. Lady Sweater
Feb Lady Sweater
Feb Lady Sweater
Feb Lady Sweater

Yes, I am keeping you in suspense just a bit longer...
Okay, remember the news I wanted to share with all of you but was waiting on the photographs to go with it? Well, since those photos are forever gone I took the opportunity to have Kevin snap some photos of me with my super huge belly (something I had been wanting done anyways!) to go with the news. I also took advantage of the opportunity and wore my two favorite sweaters to be photographed (finally!!). As you have probably surmised, I am not a fan of being in front of the camera so photographs of myself are rare. Although I realize I need to have more of them, especially for my children to look back on. I just feel super self conscious and like I would be perceived as conceited or something, and good gracious nothing would be further from the truth. I don't know how those people who take/post selfies everyday can do it! Perhaps it's my lack of confidence in my looks. Anyways, I just went through with it.

Of course having this guy make me laugh uncontrollably as he takes my picture helps me to feel a little less self conscious:
testing the lighting and adjusting settings for Kevin to take my pics

*Ahem* Anyways, back to the news. A couple of months back, right before the computer crashed, I had to go in for an ultrasound. During the ultrasound we found out what the baby was but we asked the technician not to say it out loud because we wanted to surprise our children (who were with us, of course). She saved the image and put it in an envelope for us to open later on. Kevin couldn't wait and opened it shortly thereafter and then after the visit, as we were doing our grocery shopping, he spilled the beans to me.

Since this little blessing was long awaited and much anticipated by the children (and us!), we wanted to make a big deal out of sharing the news with them. We decided that the next day we would do a gender reveal party for the children. Kevin took the kids to a park while I made a special cake that would reveal the gender of the baby when the children cut into it. I dyed the batter the appropriate color with natural food coloring, baked the cake and then covered the evidence with frosting. When they got back home we had our own little family celebration and then we let K cut into the cake. When they saw the blue inside they all got very excited, Little L most of all!

A baby BOY!!

So we are having another boy to bring a bit of balance to our family :) I am looking forward to his arrival (but please little guy, let's wait until February when you are due!).

For those interested, knitting details:

Campside Cardi - rav notes here. I have been wearing this sweater non-stop since it came off my needles. I love how cozy it is and look forward to it's comfort during the postpartum period. I had a couple of mods to the pattern which are noted on ravelry but the biggest one being the YOs. I knit them TBL instead to make the holes smaller.

campside cardi
campside cardi

February Lady Sweater - Lots of mods and rav notes here. I love how this knit up. Of course it fits better without a big belly under it, but that's okay. I may go back and lengthen the sleeves a bit at some point but otherwise I am completely in love with it! Buttons by Wooly Moss Roots and yarn by Luna Grey Fiber Arts

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...