Sunday, December 21, 2014

Making

the girls' dollhouse decorating my shark love ornament for Little L (and maybe for myself...) making cinnamon applesauce ornaments cinnamon applesauce ornaments (before baking) more finishing up the ornaments C's cinnamon applesauce hedgie ornament Our Nativity scene on the 4th Sunday of Advent - waiting for the Blessed family to arrive Christmas crafting Christmas crafting late night cat nap under the tree (after she messed up the skirt) beeswax peppermint lip balm beeswax peppermint lip balm C's Nativity scene so far morning light

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here now that we are in the last week of Advent.
The children have been spending most of December crafting but now their energy level went from maybe 30% to 110%! They want to make sure they get everything done, but they are just like me - with each thing they complete they add something else to the list to make.

There has been some dollhouse decorating, drawing, painting, cat naps under the tree, pageant rehearsal, and lots of sewing and knitting. We made some beeswax peppermint lip balm to gift again (using my favorite oils). C has been setting up her Nativity set that she received as a birthday gift this year, adding to it with each Sunday in Advent. Our family Nativity is becoming more full and beautiful and soon the Holy Family will appear. In addition to bringing out the Nativity figures slowly over Advent we also bring out a new figure each year. We started out with only the Holy family and each year bought another figure. I enjoy adding to it slowly and my children love trying to figure out if a new figure has been added and when. This year it was sheep during the third week of Advent! (Psst, Christine)

We also made cinnamon applesauce ornaments and cornstarch and baking soda ornaments (instead of salt dough) for the first time. We really liked making both and oh my does the house smell lovely from the cinnamon applesauce ornaments! I made Little L a shark love ornament, but really, I think I made it for myself.

Happy fourth Sunday of Advent!


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...