Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

??

Little L's birthday yarn arrived on Saturday so it's time to put my sweater on pause, at least for a little while. Isn't this colorway gorgeous? It's called Happiness and was made especially for a yarn shop back home in Portland, OR. It reminds Little L and I of his dearest friend "Baby Blue Eyes". Love!

I actually exercised some self control and waited to cast on his sweater in favor of finding an easy stopping point on the FLS. Splitting for the sleeves seemed as good of a place as any. That was I was able to try it on quick to check my progress. So far so good! Knowing how scatterbrained I can be, I also made sure to type up a lot of notes and to say where I left off to avoid confusion when I came back to it. The last thing I want is to mess it all up because my memory didn't serve me well.

What are you working on?! Happy creating!

p.s. - My wonderful friend Jackie is hosting a Luna Grey yarn giveaway over on her blog right now!  It's for a skein of Apollo - her new bulky weight 100% superwash merino wool yarn. Luna Grey is one of my absolute favorite yarns. If you haven't tried some for yourself, you must! You won't be disappointed.  The giveaway ends next Monday, Jan 27th.


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...