Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

KCCO

With the Martinmas sweaters out of the way it's time to think about Christmas knitting. I already had gifts started for C and Little L but was a bit stuck deciding on one for K. Then the perfect gift presented itself to me after a chat with my friend Christine. We talked about how rough this impending move has been on my girls - especially K. Christine suggested telling Pedagogical stories to help her through it all (I briefly spoke of them a couple of years back, here). Then I mentioned how K has really been identifying with the Little House books even more so than usual lately. We are moving from the big woods to land similar to one of Laura's homesteads "a strange land with no trees". The more I think about the books and Laura's words, the more I can see how K is living through them.

With Laura Ingalls Wilder on the brain I came back to this pattern - the Little House shawl (yet another pattern by my extremely talented friend Joanna Johnson). I don't think it could get any more perfect than this for K. I found some green yarn in my stash (one of her favorite colors) and cast on. I hope she likes it! She mentioned wanting a flannel bonnet for the wintertime so maybe I'll make that to go along with her shawl. It just might be a whole Little House themed Christmas for K!

What are you working on?! Happy creating!

p.s. - I was just in touch with the people at Mister Linky about the issues with linking up for some of you. If you have been having a problem linking up lately I was told that they are having issues with internet explorer 10 and to try linking up with another browser. Please let me know if this works for you!

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...