Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

K's KCCO contribution...

029

015

024

Since there is a new knitter amongst us I thought I might share K's current work in progress. She just picked it up yesterday morning as we waited on a friend to come over for a play date.  It is a dress for her Phoebe Mermouse (from one of our favorite books Phoebe's Birthday).  Like her Mama, she is crafting by the seat of her pants and just making up a pattern as she goes. She really wanted to have a contrasting yarn as trim to the dress and discovered how to switch colors while knitting - it took me years to figure out how to do that! I was told that there is a plan to make a similar dress for C's mermouse as well. Maybe a Christmas gift is in the works?

and mine:

055

Speaking of Christmas, I think it may be Phoebe themed!
I am much further behind than I thought ,even though I started out so early this year, and need to get my butt in gear. I did finish up the girls' Phoebe dolls from what might be an essential read in our home - Phoebe's Sweater. I have to re-do their sweaters though.

With the above mentioned fun filled play date with a friend, plus the power going out and a sky that looked like night throughout the whole day - I was unable to get any pictures of what I am currently working on. So hopefully these finished Phoebes will be sufficient enough. Now, back to their little sweaters so they can be nice and warm Christmas morning.

But before I go I wanted to say a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you first for your nomination and then for your votes in the homeschooling blog awards - Frontier Dreams won for best homeschooling method (Waldorf)!! I am beside myself and filled with so much gratitude. Thank you, thank you from the very bottom of my heart. My little ones thank you, too, for the homeschooling supplies we will receive from this award. What a blessing!

What are you working on?

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!




Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...