Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.

052

035

131

134

138

146
Good grief, the fur!!

I finished up the gifts for my friend that I mentioned last week. She just had her baby boy at the end of August but I wanted to wait until the weather became cooler to give her his gift. Wool in the warm months of Oregon just didn't seem like the best gift, even though my family lives in it year round. I knit him a little Milo in the 3 month size to help keep his core warm but I really picked this pattern because I knew all along that I wanted his sister to have something that matched. I couldn't just knit something for him. I know all too well how new siblings receiving gifts can bring about feelings of being left out for the older siblings. I was so grateful for friends who would bring little things for K when C was born (and for both K and C when Little L was born), it really helped out tremendously. I wanted big sister to feel just as special and important as her new brother (She is one of K's closest friends so she already is very special to us!) so now she has a handmade gift to open up as well. I hope she likes it. I think I need a break from knitting Milos for a few months now...

I really do need to stop procrastinating and start sewing Christmas gifts for my children. The crayon pouch you see above was not made by me. It is K's crayon holder for school which stays in her classroom at all times. I was quite bad and snuck it home one weekend after a parent meeting. (I guess I just outed myself on that one!) K's art at school is quite different from her art at home and I wonder if it has anything to do with her supplies. I noticed how neat and orderly her crayons were in this pouch, unlike our crayons at home all bunched together in a caddy and rubbing off on each other. (You can see their set up here) I thought to myself this might just be a good Christmas present for both girls. Naturally, this made me take pictures, measurements and notes of every little angle on the pouch. I think I already have fabric picked out from my stash, too. We'll see how it goes...

What are you working on?

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress (or finished works) please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know from my own experience just how much your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!




Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...