Sunday, September 30, 2012

Defeated by the dragon

Michaelmas at school

Michaelmas - K's classroom te letter M

315

St. Michael's falling stars over a village (K artwork)

Michaelmas play K's class throwing falling stars K's class throwing their stars in the Michaelmas play

Michaelmas play

Untitled

Michaelmas play

Michaelmas play

Michaelmas play

Michalemas play (farmers in the way)

Michaelmas cookie

apple orchard in the front of school

Michaelmas apples (from the school orchard)

Michaelmas

Michaelmas

falling star

falling star

K's falling star she made in class

I know we are meant to reflect on how we can defeat our inner dragons on Michaelmas but alas, this time the dragon defeated me. It was right after we finished our dinner. I was  happily cleaning the kitchen (well, as happy as one can be cleaning) and then the dragon snuck up on me slowly entering my thoughts, reminding me of the impossible list of things I had to do in the short time I had before bedtime. He taunted me and my mood quickly turned sour. I allowed the irrational panic to consume me, making me short, and impatient with my family and just completely overwhelmed. I looked at the mess of a kitchen I had to tackle alone and just wanted to curl up in a corner and cry... and I almost did. But then Kevin must have seen the look of despair on my face and he offered to get Little L down for me. That was enough to make me push forward and move on. It's funny how I let myself get stuck in a moment. I am like a deer in headlights unable to make myself run. But this was just a small battle. I may be down but I'm not out. I'll pick myself up and defeat that dragon yet!

Overall we had a wonderful Michaelmas weekend. For the first time K was able to see the Michaelmas play and even be in it. Her class made falling stars for the event. (St. Michael sends falling stars to earth to give us strength and light) It was such a joy to see her participate in the play. I wish I had better pictures of the play itself, but the farmers were blocking my view and I was a bit too far away for my lens. The drumming was pretty intense so I could see why they like to have the early childhood children watch from far away. As in previous years, we were all given apples from our school's orchard at the end of the play. They were exceptionally good this year.

You can see our past celebrations and learn more about Michaelmas here.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...